If you are recovering from stroke, injury, surgery or other disabling condition, the Inpatient RehabCenter at Northern Nevada Medical Center (NNMC) is ready to help with a comprehensive list of rehabilitation services that can help you achieve your maximum potential. Our inpatient rehabilitation program is designed for adult patients who can fully participate in a rehabilitation program, and who can effectively benefit from the evaluation and therapeutic services we provide. We offer advanced treatment and care for many conditions, such as:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders
- Major multiple trauma
- Spinal cord and back injuries
The Inpatient RehabCenter is an eight-bed unit located within NNMC and offers convenient access to other hospital services if you need medical treatment during your stay. It is the only local facility to feature all-private patient rooms and one-on-one therapy, giving patients more personalized care and attention than other larger facilities provide. The unit also features a daily living activity area and therapy gym, all located on one floor.
The RehabCenter Team
The Inpatient RehabCenter uses a multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitation. A team of nurses and a rehab physician are available 24 hours a day to meet patient needs. Licensed therapists are available to provide rehabilitation services to our patients. The mulitdisciplinary rehabilitation team includes:
- Medical director (physiatrist)
- Program director
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language pathologists
- Rehabilitation nurse
- Social worker
- Respiratory therapy
- Physician specialists (by referral)
We offer additional therapeutic services that may be used based on your rehabilitation goals and needs, including:
- Family education and training
- Pet therapy
- Home evaluations for accessibility issues
Offering evaluation, treatment, and management of patients with disorders of speech, voice, language, cognition, memory and swallowing.
Occupational therapists use therapeutic approaches to restore and enhance each patient's living skills.
Dedicated to improving patients' quality of life by promoting optimal health and human function.
This Draft Has Sidebar Blocks
Sidebar Block 1
Sidebar Block 2
Sidebar Block 3
Sidebar Block 4
Inpatient RehabCenter 2375 E. Prater Way, 6th Floor Sparks, NV 89434 775-356-4555
The Admissions Process
Once you are referred to NNMC, you'll receive a free preadmission screening. In addition to considering your diagnosis, we look at the following criteria to determine if our rehabilitation program is appropriate for you.
- Are you medically stable?
- Do you need regular, supervised care by a rehabilitation physician?
- Do you need 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care?
- Do you need at least two therapy modalities?
- Are you able to participate in a minimum of three hours of therapy, five days a week?
- Do you have the potential to improve your functional skill, including the ability to return home or to a supportive living environment?
- Are you motivated to participate in the program?