The Heart and Vascular Institute at Northern Nevada Medical Center
The Heart and Vascular Institute at Northern Nevada Medical Center provides comprehensive cardiac and neurologic services to residents of Sparks, Reno, Lake Tahoe and surrounding areas of Nevada and California.
When Minutes Matter
The Chest Pain Center at Northern Nevada Medical Center is accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for its ability to assess, diagnose, and treat patients who may be having a heart attack.
Accreditation signifies that the Chest Pain Center, has demonstrated that it has effective processes in place to:
- Reduce the time it takes for patients to progress from the onset of symptoms to the time they receive diagnosis and treatment
- Treat patients more quickly during the critical window of time when the integrity of the heart muscle can best be preserved
- Monitor patients when it is not certain if they are having a heart attack, to help ensure that they are not sent home too quickly or needlessly admitted to the hospital
By becoming an Accredited Chest Pain Center, NNMC has enhanced the quality of care it provides for cardiac patients, and demonstrated a commitment to higher standards.
When someone has a heart attack, minutes matter. The Chest Pain Center at Northern Nevada Medical Center is a valuable resource for patients to get quality and expedient cardiovascular care.
Early Heart Attack Care – LEARN MORE about ehac
Click to learn the subtle danger signs of a heart attack and act upon them, before heart damage occurs.
Remember, when in doubt, call 911!
From the Head to the Heart
The Heart and Vascular Institute at Northern Nevada Medical Center fuses advanced technology with specially trained medical professionals who work to help maintain your heart, blood vessel and brain health.
A healthcare team that includes representatives from a wide range of specialties works together to assess, diagnose and evaluate every patient, according to the patient's needs.
The staff at the Heart and Vascular Institute performs a number of noninvasive, invasive and interventional procedures, including permanent pacemaker/ICD placement and EP electrophysiological study. Neurologists at NNMC are trained to diagnose and treat patients who have a wide range of neurological conditions.
Hear more from physicians who treat you at Northern Nevada Medical Center
If you or a person you are with experiences the signs of a possible cardiac emergency, don't hesitate. Call 911 immediately!
Be a Link in the Chain of Survival
Everyone should know the signs of possible heart attack so they can take appropriate action. Two important links in the chain of survival—a sequence of emergency response actions—are calling 911 immediately and giving CPR until medical help arrives. The American Heart Association estimates that If every community in the United States increased the survival rate from cardiac arrest by 5 to 20 percent, at least 40,000 lives could be saved each year. For information on local CPR classes, contact:
- Northern Nevada Chapter of the American Red Cross Adult, child and infant CPR classes offered monthly. 775-856-1000
- Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA) Training is offered the third Wednesday evening of each month. 775-858-5720
- Reno Fire Department Training is offered the third Saturday of each month. 775-789-5514
- Truckee Meadows Community College CPR and first aid workshops. 775-673-7115
- CPR Lady & Company Community classes and customized training for businesses. 775-358-4277