Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Education Seminar
When is it time to consider treatment beyond medication?
Chronic heartburn or acid reflux can be the sign of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). While many cases can be treated with medication, sometimes additional treatment methods are required. Learn more about those other methods and when they may be required.
Michael Murray, MD, Northern Nevada Medical Group
Date: Thursday, October 20
Time: 6 to 7 p.m.
Location: Sparks Medical Office Building
2385 E. Prater Way, Suite 201
2016 Monthly Health Fairs
Monitor Key Health Indicators
Date: First Thursday of each month
Time: 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Location: NNMC Lobby; NNMC Advantage members enjoy a 10% discount on all health fair tests!
- Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy - Test for Vitamin D deficiency – $40
- High Sensitivity C-reactive protein - determine if you are at risk for heart and vascular disease – $25
- EKG for electrical activity of the heart and overall heart function – $35
- Blood pressure and body fat screenings – Free
Fasting is required for best results in blood screenings.
- Lipid profile with cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio – $20
- Complete blood chemistry panel with a report on 15 blood chemistry levels – $20
- Thyroid screening (TSH), screening for an overactive or underactive thyroid gland – $35
- Thyroid function and free T4 – $35
- Hemoglobin A1C (glycosylated hemoglobin), routine dietary screening for diabetics – $30
- ABO/RH (Blood typing) – $20
- Complete blood count (CBC), indicating viral/bacterial presence and red/white blood cell counts – $15
- PSA prostate cancer blood screening – $35
A physician and/or nurse will be available to address your questions.
We are unable to bill insurance for health fair services, but we provide a receipt for patients who want to submit for reimbursement.
All events, except health fairs, are held in Suite 201 of Sparks Medical Building at 2385 E. Prater Way.
Registration is required for all events except health fairs. Call 775-356-6662.
Events are free to Advantage Members and just $5 for non-members.
Learn more about NNMC's Advantage Lecture Series >
Lunch or dinner is served.
All the Advantages are Yours
Northern Nevada Medical Center seeks caring and personable adults, ages 18 and older, for a variety of volunteer positions. Current department openings include the information desk, emergency department, nutrition services, special events, clerical and patient relations. Flexible hours! Make new friends and make a difference in the lives of patients and their families as a NNMC volunteer. To learn more, please call Human Resources at 775-356-4013.