Northern Nevada Medical Center is a preferred provider on the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and State of Nevada PPO plans
Get acquainted with your insurance coverage
It's a good idea to take the time to review your insurance coverage before any planned hospital stay. You are responsible for the total charges for the care and treatment you received at Northern Nevada Medical Center. In most cases, the hospital will accept your assignment of insurance benefits and will forward your hospital bill directly to the insurance company.
We will allow 90 days from the date that we bill the insurance company for payment. If you have not received a notice of payment from your insurer within 60 days of receiving a copy of your hospital bill, we recommend that you contact the insurer directly to encourage speedy payment. If the insurance company has not sent payment to the hospital within 90 days, the status of your account will change from "insurance pay" to "patient pay." At that time, you will be expected to make prompt payment.
If you need help in understanding your insurance coverage or the hospital's billing procedures and charges, please call our business services department at 356-4030.
If a question arises about your insurance coverage, a business services representative will contact you or a member of your family while you are here. Additional information may be needed in order to process your claims.
Northern Nevada Medical Center Contracted Plan Listing
Sierra Healthcare Options
- National Security Technologies (formerly Bechtel Nevada)
- Painters Trust
- St. of Nevada
Business Coalition (Nevada Health Partners)
- Atlantis Hotel Casino and Resort Spa
- Boomtown Hotel – Casino
- Capital City Entertainment
- Carson Nugget
- Carson Valley Inn
- Carson – Tahoe Regional Medical Center
- Catalyst Rx – Associate MemberCity of Reno
- City of Sparks
- Club Cal Neva
- Diocese of Reno
- Great West Healthcare – Associate Member
- Hamilton Co.
- Jacob’s Entertainment
- Jacob’s Entertainment
- John Ascuaga’s Nugget
- Merck and CO, Inc. – Associate Member
- Physician's Managed Care – Associate Member
- Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority
- Saint Mary's Preferred Healthcare Network – Associate Member
- Scolari's Food and Drug Co.
- Sierra Pacific Power Company
- Universal Health Network – Associate Member
- Washoe County
- Washoe County School District
HMO, PPO and Self-Funded Contracts
- Admar Corporation – PPO
- Affiliated Health Funds – PPO – Multiple Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross HMO of Nevada and Anthem Blue Cross PPO of Nevada, Federal, Nasco, BlueCard/ITS (Multiple Groups)
- Beech Street – PPO – Multiple Groups
- CA Corrections
- Great West – PPO One Health Plan (Local) General American/Gen Am. (National)
- Health Payors Organization
- Health & Welfare Trust
- Indian Health Services IHS
- Interplan – PPO- Multiple Groups
- MultiPlan – PPO National Network
- NevadaCare HMO & POS (HMO, PPO & Indemnity options) – Multiple Groups
- Health Management Network- PPO - Multiple Groups
- Preferred Health Network (PHN) – PPO – Multiple Groups
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Sierra Health Services:
- Health Plan of Nevada (HPN) HMO, Sierra Choice (POS) Tiered plan with HMO, PPO & Indemnity options.
- Senior Dimensions – Medicare Replacement HMO
- Smart Choice/Nevada Check Up – Medicaid Replacement HMO
- Sierra Health and Life (SH&L) – PPO – Multiple Groups
- Sierra Healthcare Options – PPO – See Above
- Saint Mary’s Healthfirst – HMO
- Saint Mary’s – PPO – Multiple Groups
- UP & UP
- TriWest/TriCare – CHAMPUS replacement
- Universal Health Network – PPO, EPO and WC – Multiple Groups
- USA Health Network
Please note this listing includes most contracts, but Groups and Employers are subject to change. If you have questions, updates, or encounter problems with access, please contact the Valley Health System’s Managed Care Department directly at 369-7673.
Northern Nevada Medical Center is a preferred provider for most of the area's health plans, including the region's largest commercial insurer, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield network.
The hospital also is a preferred provider for the State of Nevada Public Employees’ Benefits Program PPO plan, Saint Mary's HMO and PPO networks, Universal Health Network, Nevada Health Partners and many more.
"Most people in the Truckee Meadows can choose our services at preferred rates due to the number of contracted plans in our networks," said Mark W. Crawford, Northern Nevada Medical Center CEO.
“With our practice located in Sparks, it’s great to have a Blue Cross Blue Shield hospital in Sparks for our patients’ convenience,” said Dr. Jason McKenzie, family practitioner with Family Medicine Associates. “More choices, easier access – it’s always good to give patients more options,” he added.
Northern Nevada’s quality has been recognized with Best Practice rankings in The Gallup Organization’s patient satisfaction surveys in outpatient testing and treatment and surgery departments. The hospital has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval™ on accreditation of healthcare organizations by demonstrating compliance with the highest national standards for healthcare quality and safety.