Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern, and, in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each unit. Visiting hours are from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Visiting hours and regulations are available at the information desk in the lobby. Please follow these guidelines. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
The following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Northern Nevada Medical Center is a non-smoking campus. Tobacco use of any kind will be prohibited anywhere on the campus—by associates, patients and visitors.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn.
- No more than two visitors are allowed in the room at one time.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short, and to maintain a quiet environment, visitors should avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician. This information is available only to immediate family members designated by the patient.
Gifts for patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients as some patients are on restricted diets. On the intensive care unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
Free parking for patients and visitors is available in front of the hospital and adjacent to the medical office building.
Specially designated lounge areas for visitors are available on the first and second floors.
Accommodations for relatives and visitors from out-of-town are available at nearby hotels. The hospital has preferred rates with several area accommodations. Please contact the admitting office at 775-356-4042 for a list of the current rates.
Cafeteria—meals and snacks
The Northern Grill cafeteria on the first floor serves breakfast and lunch:
Breakfast: 7 - 9 a.m. weekdays
Lunch: 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. daily
Complimentary coffee and tea are available 24/7 in the Northern Grill. Vending machines are located in the cafeteria.
The receptionist in the main lobby has information on CitiFare bus and CitiLift van transpotation, and can arrange for a cab. Please call 775-331-7000.
ER wait time
John Ascuaga’s Nugget
1100 Nugget Ave. 356-3300
Alterra Villas of Sparks
1900 E. Prater way at Vista, Sparks, 359-7700
Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott
2085 Brierley Way at Vista Blvd., 355-7700
I-80 W. and N. McCarran Blvd., 358-2222
2405 Victorian Ave. at Kietzke, 358-1080
Quality Inn McCarran House
55 E. Nugget Ave. at McCarran, 358-6900
Grand Sierra Casino Resort
2500 E. Second Street, 789-2129
Sparks Super 8
1900 E. Greg 358-8884
Western Village Inn & Casino
815 Nichols Blvd. at McCarran, 331-1069
60 E. Victorian Ave. at McCarran, 356-7770
Please mention that you are a family member of a Northern Nevada Medical patient when making reservations.