A Rich Tradition of Trust, Experience and Community Involvement
Northern Nevada Medical Center offers nurses the opportunity to join our community-driven and technologically advanced work environment. At Northern Nevada Medical Center, we uphold our commitment to excellence by providing accessible, attentive and quality healthcare to the residents of Sparks, Nevada and the surrounding area.
We’ve created a family atmosphere that benefits nurses who want to advance their career within our 108-bed acute care facility. Nurses have gained valuable experience in service areas such as cardiac care, emergency medicine, rehabilitation, neurosciences and more. Northern Nevada Medical Center has been honored to achieve the following recognition:
- Top Performer on Key Quality Metrics® by The Joint Commission
- Primary Stroke Center accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for
- Orthopedics: Knee and Hip Replacement
- Back Pain Management
- Spine Surgery
The Joint Commission is a non-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 20,000 healthcare organizations and programs in the United States. Northern Nevada Medical Center is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS). Headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, UHS is one of the largest and most innovative healthcare management companies in the nation.
There’s never a dull moment in the Reno/Sparks region. Nestled close to the picturesque Sierra Nevada mountain range and the world-famous Lake Tahoe, we have something to offer everyone. It must be why our community grows year after year.
The weather is comfortable here, offering residents 300 days of sunshine a year. The warm sun greets you most days, humidity stays low and rainy days are few and far between. It’s one of the reasons why the Reno/Sparks region is considered the perfect place to host premiere special events.
Hundreds of thousands of tourists and adventurers flock to the region for a number of well-known northern Nevada attractions. The Great Reno Balloon Race, Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off, Shakespeare Festival, Hot August Nights Classic Car Event and the month-long Artown are just a few annual events you won’t want to miss. For sports fans, the region is home to the Reno Aces Triple A baseball team, as well as the University of Nevada’s notable athletics teams.
The moment outdoor enthusiasts catch a glimpse of the Truckee Meadows and the surrounding scenic foothills, they’ll fall in love with the region. It’s the perfect backdrop for running, walking, cycling, skiing and other activities. There are 15 ski resorts within a 90-minute drive, as well as 50 golf courses and thousands of miles of mountain biking and hiking trails. The region features several lakes that are perfect for fishing and boating.
While we’re located less than an hour’s drive from the spectacular Lake Tahoe, there are plenty of water activities to enjoy locally. The Sparks Marina boasts 80 acres of water for swimming, boating, fishing, scuba diving or picnicking near the water’s edge. The Truckee River runs through Reno and Sparks, perfect for rafting, tubing and kayaking right in the heart of the town. More than 50 beautiful parks dot the area and offer no shortage of recreational programs.
Northern Nevada Medical Center has a comprehensive set of benefits that employees can choose from, including:
- Three PPO plans or an HMO plan
- Dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
- 401K savings plan with employer match
- Stock options at 10 percent discount
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid long-term disability starting at 180 days
- Employer paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Voluntary benefit programs, such as computer purchase, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, discount offerings for phone plans and more
- Additional insurance, including:
- Additional life insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Short-term disability
- Supplemental life insurance
- Dependent life insurance
What Makes Working at NNMC Unique?
- Tuition reimbursement, up to $5,250 annually
- Clinical nursing advancement program (clinical ladder)
- Opportunities for critical care training
- New graduate nurse orientation
- Relocation assistance
- Referral bonus
Be a part of our team at a hospital devoted to the highest caliber of personalized care!
A Message from the CNO
Read a message from Carla Adams, RN, MSN and Chief Nursing Officer at Northern Nevada Medical Center.