A Tradition of Quality
When it comes to choosing a hospital, one thing is clear: quality and convenience count. Northern Nevada Medical Center's tradition of providing quality healthcare in a comfortable, accessible environment means peace of mind for the thousands of patients served by the hospital each year. Northern Nevada Medical Center is a 108-bed acute care hospital located on 23 hillside acres at 2375 E. Prater Way in Sparks, Nevada.
The hospital is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc., a King of Prussia, PA based company that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation. The hospital provides physicians and patients with many of the latest technological innovations for diagnosis and treatment of even the most acute clinical conditions. Northern Nevada Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) and licensed by the state of Nevada.
Learn more about Northern Nevada Medical Center's quality indicators.
Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission is to provide excellence in clinical care that our patients will recommend to their families and friends, physicians prefer for their patients, purchasers select for their clients, and our employees can be proud of.
Our vision is to be recognized as the provider of choice for healthcare services in our community where we are trusted by our patients, families, and physicians to provide a safe, caring, and compassionate experience.
- Compassion: We treat everyone with kindness and warmth because we genuinely care about every patient, employee and physician like they are family.
- Empathy: We put ourselves in our patient’s shoes and deliver clinical care with a personalized touch.
- Teamwork: We foster a caring and friendly work environment to bring the best possible outcomes in our patient’s lives.
- Quality: We strive to provide excellence in clinical care.
- Ethics: We conduct our business with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Respect: We promise to honor the dignity, individuality and rights of everyone.
- Service Excellence: We provide personalized and professional service that exceeds the expectations of those we serve.
- Innovation: We continually invest in technology and process improvements to develop new and better ways of delivering clinical care.
We are committed to providing healthcare services that patients recommend to family and friends, purchasers select for their clients, employees are proud of and investors seek for long term returns. We will realize this vision through our commitment to the following principles:
- Service excellence — We will provide timely, professional, effective and efficient service to all of our customer groups.
- Continuous improvement in measurable ways — We will identify the key needs of our customers, assess how well we meet those needs, continuously improve our services, and measure our progress.
- Employee development — We understand that the professionalism and drive of our people are the most important factors in the quality of the service we provide. We will hire talented people, increase their skills through training and experience, and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth within the company.
- Ethical and fair treatment of all — We are committed to forming relationships of fairness and trust with our patients, purchasers of our services, and our employees. We will conduct our business according to the highest ethical standards.
- Teamwork — We will work together to provide ever-improving customer service. This team approach to our work will supersede traditional departmental organization and create a true customer focus. People at all levels of the organization will participate in decision-making and process improvement.
- Compassion — We will never lose sight of the fact that we provide care and comfort to people in need. Patients and families that rely upon us are fellow human beings and they will receive respectful and dignified treatment from all of our people at all times.
- Innovation in service delivery — We will invest in the development of new and better ways of delivering our services.
- Education and research — We will pursue continuous improvement in knowledge and the understanding of the scientific basis for disease, disease prevention and health promotion in the communities we serve.
- Alan Olive, Chief Executive Officer
- Ryan Heit, Chief Financial Officer
- Tiffany Coury, Chief Operating Officer
- Carla Adams, RN, MSN, Chief Nursing Officer
Board of Governors
- Michonne Ascuaga
- Ronald Hicks, MD
- Robert Larkin
- Mayor Geno Martini
- Alan Olive, CEO
- Karla Perez, Regional VP
- Randall Pierce, MD, Chair
- Patsy L. Ruchala, DNSc, RN
- James Sullivan, DO
- Jeffrey Webster, MD
- Tom White
2017 Medical Staff Officers
- Chief of Staff, James Sullivan, DO
- Immediate Past Chief of Staff, Robert Dalrymple, MD
- Vice Chief of Staff, Travis Kieckbusch, MD
- Secretary of Staff, Dr. Sam Nourani
- Chair – Anesthesiology, Brett Winthrop, MD
- Chair – Emergency Medicine, Sven Inda, MD
- Chair – Family Practice, Diane Thomas, MD
- Chair – Medicine, Thomas Caves, MD and Colin Fuller, MD
- Chair – Surgery, Travis Kieckbusch, MD
- Members at Large, Lisa Nelson, DO and Wynter Phoenix, MD