A Tradition of Quality
When it comes to choosing a hospital, one thing is clear: quality and convenience count. Northern Nevada Medical Center's tradition of providing quality healthcare in a comfortable, accessible environment means peace of mind for the thousands of patients served by the hospital each year. Northern Nevada Medical Center is a 108-bed acute care hospital located on 23 hillside acres at 2375 E. Prater Way in Sparks, Nevada.
The hospital is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc., a King of Prussia, PA based company that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation. The hospital provides physicians and patients with many of the latest technological innovations for diagnosis and treatment of even the most acute clinical conditions. Northern Nevada Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) and licensed by the state of Nevada.
Learn more about Northern Nevada Medical Center's quality indicators.
Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission is to provide excellence in clinical care that our patients will recommend to their families and friends, physicians prefer for their patients, purchasers select for their clients, and our employees can be proud of.
Our vision is to be recognized as the provider of choice for healthcare services in our community where we are trusted by our patients, families, and physicians to provide a safe, caring, and compassionate experience.
- Compassion: We treat everyone with kindness and warmth because we genuinely care about every patient, employee and physician like they are family.
- Empathy: We put ourselves in our patient’s shoes and deliver clinical care with a personalized touch.
- Teamwork: We foster a caring and friendly work environment to bring the best possible outcomes in our patient’s lives.
- Quality: We strive to provide excellence in clinical care.
- Ethics: We conduct our business with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Respect: We promise to honor the dignity, individuality and rights of everyone.
- Service Excellence: We provide personalized and professional service that exceeds the expectations of those we serve.
- Innovation: We continually invest in technology and process improvements to develop new and better ways of delivering clinical care.
We are committed to providing healthcare services that patients recommend to family and friends, purchasers select for their clients, employees are proud of and investors seek for long term returns. We will realize this vision through our commitment to the following principles:
- We provide superior quality patient care.
- We are committed to being a highly ethical health care provider.
- We value each member of our team and all their good work.
- We are devoted to serving our local community.
- Alan Olive, Chief Executive Officer
- Ryan Heit, Chief Financial Officer
- Carla Adams, RN, MSN, Chief Nursing Officer
Board of Governors
- Michonne Ascuaga
- Kimberly Baxter, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
- Estela Gutierrez
- Ronald Hicks, MD
- Kamal Jemmoua
- Travis Kieckbusch, MD
- BJ North
- Alan Olive, CEO
- Karla Perez, Regional VP
- Ron Smith
- James Sullivan, DO
- Tom White
2019 – 2020 Medical Staff Officers
- Chief of Staff – Dr. Travis Kieckbusch, Orthopedic Surgeon
- Vice Chief of Staff – Dr. Brett Winthrop, Anesthesiologist
- Secretary of Staff – Dr. Lisa Nelson, Emergency Medicine
- Chair, Anesthesiology – Dr. Brett Winthrop
- Co-Chairs, Emergency Medicine – Dr. Sven Inda and Dr. Stephan Mussehl
- Co-Chairs, Medicine – Dr. Sam Nourani and Dr. Dele Okunola
- Co-Chairs, Surgery – Dr. Thomas Fyda and Dr. Wynter Phoenix
- Members at Large – Dr. Thomas Hovenic (Infectious Disease), Dr. Donald Mason, Jr., (Anesthesiology), Dr. Jusmin Patel (Nephrology), Dr. Lynda Molloy (IntMed/Hospitalist), Dr. Angelo Kanellos (Urology)
The latest Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) star rating for Northern Nevada Medical Center is three stars.