Northern Nevada Medical Center is a preferred provider on the Prominence Health Plan, Anthem® Blue Cross Blue Shield® and State of Nevada PPO plans.
Get Acquainted with Your Insurance Coverage
It's a good idea to take the time to review your insurance coverage before any planned hospital stay. You are responsible for the total charges for the care and treatment you received at Northern Nevada Medical Center. In most cases, the hospital will accept your assignment of insurance benefits and will forward your hospital bill directly to the insurance company.
We will allow 90 days from the date that we bill the insurance company for payment. If you have not received a notice of payment from your insurer within 60 days of receiving a copy of your hospital bill, we recommend that you contact the insurer directly to encourage speedy payment. If the insurance company has not sent payment to the hospital within 90 days, the status of your account will change from "insurance pay" to "patient pay." At that time, you will be expected to make prompt payment.
If you need help in understanding your insurance coverage or the hospital's billing procedures and charges, please call our business services department at 775-356-4030. If a question arises about your insurance coverage, a business services representative will contact you or a member of your family while you are here. Additional information may be needed in order to process your claims.
Insurance Plans Accepted
Northern Nevada Medical Center accepts the following insurance plans:
- Aetna Medicare
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Healthcare Solutions (fka Amerigroup)
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nevada HMO, PPO, ITS, NASCO
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nevada Pathway and Pathway X
- Anthem Medicare Advantage
- Cigna®/Cigna International (CISEL)
- CorVel® Corporation
- Coventry Altius HMO, Fully Insured, HMO and National PPO
- First Health®/CCN Network PPO
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Plan of Nevada (HPN)/HPN-POS/My HPN
- Health Plan of Nevada SmartChoice/Nevada Check-Up
- Hometown Health Plan (Washoe County School District, City of Sparks, and Washoe County members only)
- Humana Commercial – HMO and PPO
- Humana Medicare – Kentucky
- MPI Complementary Network (PHCS)
- MPI International
- MPI Primary Network (fka Beech Street)
- Nevada Business Group on Health (Nevada Health Partners) – Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, Carson Nugget, Carson Tahoe Hospital, City of Reno, City of Reno Fire Department, Click Bond, Club Cal Neva, Nevada Energy, Puliz Moving, Washoe County
- NX Health Network
- Prominence Health Plan Medicare
- Prominence PHCN HealthFirst HMO
- Prominence PHCN PPO
- Sierra Health and Life (SHL)
- Sierra Health-Care Options
- SilverSummit Healthplan
- State of Nevada Public Employees’ Benefits Program (PEBP) PPO
- TRICARE® Health Net Federal Services
- TriWest (VA Patient-Centered Community Care Program)
- United AARP Medicare Complete
- United AARP Medicare Complete OptumCare (NV)
- UnitedHealthcare® all Payers
- UnitedHealthcare Options PPO
- Universal Health Network (UHN)
- Contracted payers may change. For the most accurate information, please refer to the payer’s online provider directory.
- A referral from your healthcare provider, for services at a Valley Health System facility, does not ensure services will be covered as in-network by your health plan. Authorization by your health plan may be required to obtain in-network services.
This listing includes most contracts, but Groups and Employers are subject to change. If you have questions, updates, or encounter problems with access, please contact the Valley Health System’s Managed Care Department directly at 775-369-7673.
Northern Nevada Medical Center is On Most of the Area's Health Plans
Northern Nevada Medical Center is a preferred provider for most of the area's health plans, including the region's largest commercial insurer, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield network.
The hospital also is a preferred provider for the State of Nevada Public Employees’ Benefits Program PPO plan, Prominence Health Plan's HMO networks, Universal Health Network, Nevada Health Partners and many more.
"Most people in the Truckee Meadows can choose our services at preferred rates due to the number of contracted plans in our networks," said Alan Olive, Northern Nevada Medical Center CEO.
“With our practice located in Sparks, it’s great to have a Blue Cross Blue Shield hospital in Sparks for our patients’ convenience,” said Dr. Jason McKenzie, family practitioner with Family Medicine Associates. “More choices, easier access – it’s always good to give patients more options,” he added.
Northern Nevada’s quality has been recognized with Best Practice rankings in The Gallup Organization’s patient satisfaction surveys in outpatient testing and treatment and surgery departments. The hospital has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval™ on accreditation of healthcare organizations by demonstrating compliance with the highest national standards for healthcare quality and safety.