Northern Nevada Medical Center is a preferred provider on the Prominence Health Plan, Anthem® Blue Cross Blue Shield® and State of Nevada PPO plans.
Get Acquainted with Your Insurance Coverage
It's a good idea to take the time to review your insurance coverage before any planned hospital stay. You are responsible for the total charges for the care and treatment you received at Northern Nevada Medical Center. In most cases, the hospital will accept your assignment of insurance benefits and will forward your hospital bill directly to the insurance company.
We will allow 90 days from the date that we bill the insurance company for payment. If you have not received a notice of payment from your insurer within 60 days of receiving a copy of your hospital bill, we recommend that you contact the insurer directly to encourage speedy payment. If the insurance company has not sent payment to the hospital within 90 days, the status of your account will change from "insurance pay" to "patient pay." At that time, you will be expected to make prompt payment.
If you need help in understanding your insurance coverage or the hospital's billing procedures and charges, please call our business services department at 775-356-4030. If a question arises about your insurance coverage, a business services representative will contact you or a member of your family while you are here. Additional information may be needed in order to process your claims.
Insurance Plans Accepted
Northern Nevada Medical Center accepts the following insurance plans:
- Aetna (HMO and PPO)
- Aetna (Medicare Advantage)
- Aetna QHP Exchange
- AllWell (SilverSummit MA)
- AmBetter Select (Silversummit's new Exchange plan)
- AmBetter (Exchange)
- American Choice Provider Network (ACPN)
- Anthem BCBS / Anthem Pathway
- Anthem BCBS (LBP)
- Anthem MediBlue (NV MA) - OptumCare
- Anthem Medicaid BCBS Healthcare Solutions (fka Amerigroup)
- Anthem Medicaid-CA
- Anthem Medicare Advantage
- BC/TN UHS Corp Emp
- BCBS Secondary
- Cigna local Plus
- Cigna (LBP)
- Cigna International (CISEL)
- Custom Ink Employee Health Plan
- First Health
- First Health (LBP)
- Health Direct Partners/HDP
- HPN, HPN-POS, MyHPN
- HPN SmartChoice/Nevada Check-Up (Medicaid)
- Humana Commercial (HMO and PPO)
- Humana Medicare Advantage (Kentucky)
- Molina Healthcare (eff 1/1/2022)
- MPI Complementary Network/PHCS
- MPI Complementary Network/PHCS (LBP)
- MPI Complementary Network
- MPI Complementary Network (LBP)
- MPI Primary Network (fka Beech Street)
- MPI Primary Network (LBP)
- Nevada Business Coalition (NHP)
- Prominence PHCN HealthFirst HMO
- Prominence PHCN PPO (UHN Tier IX)
- Prominence Medicare Advantage
- Select Health Value Network
- Select Health Med Network
- Select Health (NV MA)
- SHL / SHO / NNHN
- SilverSummit Healthplan (Medicaid)
- State of Nevada (SHO)
- TriCare (HNFS)
- TriWest (VA Patent Centered Community Care)
- UHC AARP Medicare Advantage - National
- UHC AARP Medicare Advantage and Walgreen's (fka Senior Dimensions) - OptumCare
- United Healthcare - Employees
- United Healthcare - UHS Employees
- United Healthcare all Payers
- United Healthcare all Payers (LBP)
- United Healthcare (PPO)
- Universal Health Network Tier I
- Valenz Access
- Veterans Evaluation Services
- Contracted Payers may change; for the most accurate information please refer to the payer’s on-line provider directory.
- A referral from your healthcare provider, for services at NNMC, does not ensure services will be covered as “in-network” by your health plan. Authorization by your health plan may be required to obtain “in-network” services.
This listing includes most contracts, but Groups and Employers are subject to change. If you have questions, updates, or encounter problems with access, please contact the Valley Health System’s Managed Care Department directly at 775-369-7673.
Northern Nevada Medical Center is On Most of the Area's Health Plans
Northern Nevada Medical Center is a preferred provider for most of the area's health plans, including the region's largest commercial insurer, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield network.
The hospital also is a preferred provider for the State of Nevada Public Employees’ Benefits Program PPO plan, Prominence Health Plan's HMO networks, Universal Health Network, Nevada Health Partners and many more.
"Most people in the Truckee Meadows can choose our services at preferred rates due to the number of contracted plans in our networks," said Alan Olive, Northern Nevada Medical Center CEO.
“With our practice located in Sparks, it’s great to have a Blue Cross Blue Shield hospital in Sparks for our patients’ convenience,” said Dr. Jason McKenzie, family practitioner with Family Medicine Associates. “More choices, easier access – it’s always good to give patients more options,” he added.
Northern Nevada’s quality has been recognized with Best Practice rankings in The Gallup Organization’s patient satisfaction surveys in outpatient testing and treatment and surgery departments. The hospital has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval™ on accreditation of healthcare organizations by demonstrating compliance with the highest national standards for healthcare quality and safety.
TRICARE® is a registered trademark of the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency. All rights reserved.