Visitors can be good medicine for patients so we welcome and encourage visits from family members and friends. Visitation privileges are equal for all visitors, according to the patient's preferences. Patient care is our primary concern. That means we may limit patient visits when it is medically appropriate or when visits could interfere with patient care. Reasons for limiting or restricting visits include, among other reasons:
- Infection control
- Disruptive behavior by visitors
- The patient's need for rest or privacy
Visiting Hours and Regulations
Effective November 30, 2023:
- General visiting hours are 6 am – 8 pm (Monday through Friday) and 9 am – 8 pm (Saturday and Sunday).
- Visitors must go directly to the patient’s room and are discouraged from walking around the facility during visitation hours.
- ICU visiting hours are 9 am – 8 pm daily.
- Senior Bridges visiting hours remain 3:30 – 6 pm daily.
- For your safety, visitors are not allowed in COVID-19 isolation areas. The department leader will determine whether exceptions to this policy will be made including end-of-life care and/or the patient has a physical, intellectual, developmental or cognitive disability or impairment.
Visitors are not required but encouraged to wear a face mask, especially during peak cold and flu season. Please do not visit your family and friends in the hospital if they:
- Have had a cough or flu-like symptoms, including sore throat, headache, muscle aches, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain or loss of taste or smell in the last 24 hours.
- Felt feverish or experienced chills in the last 48 hours and/or had a fever of 100°F or greater in the last 48 hours.
- Have been in contact with someone with these symptoms in the last 48 hours.
- Thank you for your cooperation and for being an advocate for the health and care of your loved ones and all hospitalized patients.
- Northern Nevada Medical Center is a non-smoking campus. Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited anywhere on the campus — by associates, patients and visitors.
- Visitors must be appropriately dressed, including shirts and shoes.
- People who have colds any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short, and visitors should avoid unnecessary noise to maintain a quiet environment.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
- Only pre-approved service animals are allowed inside the hospital.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician. This information is available only to immediate family members designated by the patient.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients as some patients are on restricted diets. On the intensive care unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
Free parking for patients and visitors is available in front of the hospital and adjacent to the medical office building.
Specially designated lounge areas for visitors are available on the first and second floors.
Discounted Hotels and Accommodations
Northern Nevada Health System has partnered with Sonesta ES Suites to offer patients' families discounted rates on rooms closer to care.
Other accommodations for relatives and visitors from out-of-town are available at nearby hotels. The hospital has preferred rates with several area accommodations. Please contact the admitting office at 775-356-4961 for a list of the current rates.
Vista Peak Grill cafeteria on the first floor serves coffee, breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday. The coffee bar is open from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., breakfast is served 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and lunch is served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Vending machines for snacks and beverages are located in the Vista Peak Grill and the emergency department entrance 24 hours a day.
Our Weekly Cafeteria Menus
The receptionist in the main lobby has information on CitiFare bus and CitiLift van transportation, and can arrange for a cab. Please call 775-331-7000.