COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
Consistent with city and county efforts around social distancing to limit the exposure to individuals who may have contracted COVID-19 but are asymptomatic, we have revised our Visitation Policies to help protect our patients and their loved ones.
Visitors can be good medicine for patients so we welcome and encourage visits from family members and friends. Visitation privileges are equal for all visitors, according to the patient's preferences. Patient care is our primary concern. That means we may limit patient visits when it is medically appropriate or when visits could interfere with patient care. Reasons for limiting or restricting visits include, among other reasons:
- Infection control
- Disruptive behavior by visitors
- The patient's need for rest or privacy
Here are general guidelines for visitors at Northern Nevada Medical Center:
- Northern Nevada Medical Center is a non-smoking campus. Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited anywhere on the campus — by associates, patients and visitors.
- Visitors must be appropriately dressed, including shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed in the room at one time.
- People who have colds any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short, and visitors should avoid unnecessary noise to maintain a quiet environment.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician. This information is available only to immediate family members designated by the patient.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients as some patients are on restricted diets. On the intensive care unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
Free parking for patients and visitors is available in front of the hospital and adjacent to the medical office building.
Specially designated lounge areas for visitors are available on the first and second floors.
Accommodations for relatives and visitors from out-of-town are available at nearby hotels. The hospital has preferred rates with several area accommodations. Please contact the admitting office at 775-356-4961 for a list of the current rates. View nearby accommodations.
The Northern Grill cafeteria on the first floor serves breakfast and lunch: breakfast: 7 - 10 a.m. weekdays and lunch: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. daily. Complimentary coffee and tea are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the Northern Grill. Vending machines are available in the cafeteria from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The receptionist in the main lobby has information on CitiFare bus and CitiLift van transportation, and can arrange for a cab. Please call 775-331-7000.