If you are recovering from stroke, injury, surgery or another disabling condition, the Inpatient RehabCenter at Northern Nevada Medical Center is ready to help with a comprehensive list of rehabilitation services that can help you achieve your maximum potential. Our inpatient rehabilitation program is designed for adult patients who can fully participate in a rehabilitation program, and who can effectively benefit from the evaluation and therapeutic services we provide. We offer advanced treatment and care for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders
- Major multiple trauma
- Spinal cord and back injuries
For more information, please contact the RehabCenter at 775-356-4555.
The Inpatient RehabCenter is an eight-bed unit located within NNMC and offers convenient access to other hospital services if you need medical treatment during your stay. It is the only local facility to feature all-private patient rooms and one-on-one therapy, giving patients more personalized care and attention than other larger facilities provide. The unit also features a daily living activity area and therapy gym, all located on one floor.
The RehabCenter Team
The Inpatient RehabCenter uses a multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitation. A team of nurses and a rehab physician are available 24 hours a day to meet patient needs. Licensed therapists are available to provide rehabilitation services to our patients. The multidisciplinary rehabilitation team includes:
- Medical director (physiatrist)
- Program director
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language pathologists
- Rehabilitation nurse
- Social worker
- Respiratory therapy
- Physician specialists (by referral)
We offer additional therapeutic services that may be used based on your rehabilitation goals and needs, including:
- Family education and training
- Pet therapy
- Home evaluations for accessibility issues
The Admissions Process
Once you are referred to NNMC, you'll receive a free preadmission screening. In addition to considering your diagnosis, we look at the following criteria to determine if our rehabilitation program is appropriate for you:
- Are you medically stable?
- Do you need regular, supervised care by a rehabilitation physician?
- Do you need 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care?
- Do you need at least two therapy modalities?
- Are you able to participate in a minimum of three hours of therapy, five days a week?
- Do you have the potential to improve your functional skill, including the ability to return home or to a supportive living environment?
- Are you motivated to participate in the program?
If you need a referral to a physician at Northern Nevada Medical Center, call our free Direct Doctors Plus® referral service at 775-356-6662.