Inpatient Physical Therapy in Sparks, NV
Northern Nevada Medical Center's Department of Physical Therapy is dedicated to improving patients' quality of life by promoting optimal health and human function. Our staff provides comprehensive patient evaluation, treatment, and education in collaboration with other healthcare providers.
The physical therapy staff works with all disciplines, including neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatrics, and general medicine. Our clinical expertise and core values of compassion and respect demonstrate a firm commitment to providing the highest quality of care for patients.
For more information, please contact the Inpatient Rehab Center at 775-356-4555.
Patients admitted for inpatient care may have diagnoses including:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neurological or post-neurosurgical condition
- Non-traumatic spinal cord injury
Physical Therapy Services
Our staff provides patients with comprehensive evaluations, one-to-one education and functional training. Specific services include:
- Evaluating and treating patients with:
- Neuromuscular conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological deficits following a stroke, intracranial surgery or brain injury
- Acute and chronic wounds to facilitate healing
- Chronic pain
- Evaluating, treating and educating patients with pulmonary problems
- Training amputee patients in preparation for and use of prosthetic limbs
- Providing biomechanical assessments of the lower extremities
- Strengthening and instruction in functional activities for patients recovering from acute medical problems, trauma and surgical procedures
- Instructing patients and caregivers in safe, effective function geared toward independence
- Instructing patients in self-care and home exercises to promote self-management of symptoms
- Consulting with other healthcare professionals regarding patients' requirement/potential for rehabilitation