Physical Therapy in Sparks, NV
Northern Nevada Medical Center's Department of Physical Therapy is dedicated to improving patients' quality of life by promoting optimal health and human function. The department staff provide comprehensive patient evaluation, treatment, and education in collaboration with other healthcare providers.
The physical therapy staff works with all disciplines, including neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatrics, and general medicine. Physical therapy services are provided to outpatients and hospitalized patients. Our clinical expertise and core values of compassion and respect demonstrate a firm commitment to providing the highest quality of care for patients.
Patients admitted for inpatient care may have diagnoses including:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neurological or post-neurosurgical condition
- Non-traumatic spinal cord injury
Patients may be treated as outpatients for:
- Acute or chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injuries
- Orthopedic post-surgical care
- Chronic pain
- Neuromuscular disease including multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease
Physical Therapy Services
The Department of Physical Therapy provides a full range of evaluative, preventive and rehabilitative services to those with impairments in physical functioning. Our staff provides patients with comprehensive evaluations, one-to-one education and functional training. Specific services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with:
- Neuromuscular conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological deficits following a stroke, intracranial surgery and brain injury
- Acute and chronic wounds to facilitate healing
- Chronic pain
- Evaluation, treatment and education of patients with pulmonary problems or lymphedema
- Training of amputee patients in preparation for and use of prosthetic limbs
- Biomechanical assessment of the lower extremities with fitting for orthotics
- Strengthening and instruction in functional activities for patients recovering from acute medical problems, trauma and surgical procedures
- Instruction of patients and caregivers in safe, effective function geared toward independence
- Instruction in self-care and home exercises to promote self-management of symptoms
- Consultation with other healthcare professionals regarding patients' requirement/potential for rehabilitation
- Community outreach and education on: fitness, back care, posture evaluation and correction and prevention of falls
Our clinic staff includes several physical therapists with specific expertise in various clinical specialties. We are unique in our ability to offer multiple services in one setting.
Location and Hours
The Department of Physical Therapy is located on the sixth floor of Northern Nevada Medical Center. Call 775-356-4555 for more information.